Temporary Work – UK Seasonal Worker Visa
To work in horticulture for up to 6 months in the UK, you must apply for a Temporary Worker – Seasonal Worker visa (T5). It means you can come to pick fruit and vegetables or flowers, but you need to find a sponsor and meet other eligibility criteria. So it would be best if you had a CV, Cover letter and Passport to apply for a job. And job provider will give you a Certificate of Sponsor (CoS) then. You need this sponsor code to apply for the visa. You can search your nearest British Embassy or High Commission for a visa application.
What is a seasonal work visa in the UK?
In the UK, a seasonal work visa is a short-term visa that allows individuals from certain countries to come to the UK to work in specific industries for a limited period, typically up to six months. It is intended to assist these industries in meeting their staffing needs during peak seasons when there is a high demand for workers. The visa is intended to help these industries meet their staffing needs.
If you wish to apply for a seasonal work visa, you must be from outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland. You must also have a job offer from a UK employer in an eligible field. As part of your application, you will also be required to meet specific other requirements, including having sufficient funds to support yourself during your stay in the UK and being able to speak English effectively.
A seasonal work visa allows you to work for a set period in the UK, typically up to six months. This visa does not allow you to bring dependents with you, and you may not extend your stay or change your visa during your stay in the UK.
Now, I’d like to elaborate. To apply for a Seasonal Worker Visa, you must make your CV, Cover Letter and scan your passport. Some people show their experience and education related to farming and fruit picking. At the end of the article, we have listed a few agencies that we have found online. It might be the farm where you will work does not accept applications directly, so they give authority to a recruitment agency to handle temporary workers’ files. So, once first, you need a CV and passport to apply with a UK recruitment agency. Once they issue you a certificate of sponsorship (CoS), you can apply for a visa. Next, it’s time to print the bank statement. Then, your visa application needs to submit to the nearest British Embassy or High Commission.
When your visa has been granted, buy a ticket to the UK. Finally, visit the company where your sponsor is. Work for six months, then return home with some UK experience. Of course, every coin has two sides it doesn’t mean there are only good things in the UK. Could you make sure British weather is suitable for you or not and the facilities from the sponsor company? News and Reports show that Internet connection depends on your mobile data and sometimes requires work over five days. So, could you make it clear while you apply or request more information on these issues?
Do I need to contact any agent or agency besides UK’s recruitment agencies?
If you are lazy to write a CV, Cover letter, Scan your passport, and fill out the visa application form, you can hire someone to do it for you. It is easy to accomplish these tasks yourself, so you do not need to contact anyone or require anyone to submit your application; you may do it yourself.
Do we support any help?
No, we provide information as per what we know.
UK Seasonal Worker Visa Duration – For how long can you stay?
You can stay for up to six months in the UK. Your visa is valid for 14 days before your job starts in the UK, so you can enter as soon as your passport is valid.
How long does it take to get a UK Seasonal Worker Visa?
Your certificate of sponsorship will indicate the date you will start work in the UK. You can apply for a visa up to three months before that date. Your application requires you to provide documents proving your identity. When you start your application, you will find out whether you need an appointment. If you do, you will need more time.
Getting a decision on a UK temporary Visa
Once you have applied online, proved your identity and provided your documents, you will usually get a decision on your visa within three weeks or more in some circumstances.
Application fee: Currently, there is a fee of £259.
What you can and cannot do with UK Seasonal Worker Visa
Work in the job described in your certificate of sponsorship
- Take a permanent job.
- Work in a second job or a job that isn’t described in your certificate of sponsorship
- Get public funds
- Bring family members with you
Eligibility for UK Temporary Visa
You must be 18 or over when you apply and have both of the following:
- A certificate of sponsorship reference number from your UK sponsor
- Enough money to support yourself in the UK – you will usually need to have at least £1,270 available (unless you are exempt)
Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) on UK Temporary Visa
- A certificate of sponsorship is a reference number which holds information about the job and your details. It’s not an actual certificate or paper document.
- Your sponsor will give you your certificate of sponsorship reference number.
- You’ll need to add your certificate of the sponsorship reference number to your visa application form – you can only use it once.
Money to support yourself on UK Temporary Visa
- You must have at least £1,270 in your bank account to show you can support yourself in the UK.
- You must have had the money available for at least 28 days. Day 28 must be within 31 days of applying for this visa.
- You will usually need proof of this when you apply unless your sponsor can cover your costs during your first month in the UK, up to £1,270.
Where do you need to Submit the Application?
As you know, you need a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS). So you need to submit your application to those companies who process the application. For example, here are a few companies that process files, so you can visit their website and submit an application for a six-month seasonal work permit in the UK. Once again, you don’t need anyone to submit your application; you can do it yourself.
When do You need to apply after CoS?
Once you have been assigned a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS), the applicant must use it to apply for a visa (entry clearance) within three months of the date the CoS was assigned.
I have sent an email to one of these companies and received an auto-email as below.
If you have contacted us concerning gaining a job through the Seasonal Workers Scheme, please note the following:
- We have a limited number of Certificates of Sponsorship to issue, and the vast majority are already issued.
- If you are from Ukraine, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Nepal, Macedonia and Turkey, and you still wish to email your expression of interest, please use the contact details below.
- If you are not resident in any of the countries listed above, please note that we do not currently recruit in your location.
- If you have a question about your existing application, don’t hesitate to contact the team who handled your recruitment directly.
Contact Details for SWS:
- Ukraine: email@example.com
- Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nepal: email@example.com
- Macedonia and Turkey: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will reply separately if your message is unrelated to the Seasonal Workers Scheme.
Finally, we request o check the UK government website for up-to-date information on UK seasonal work visas. Similarly, Please explore the Online Graphic Design Platform; if you are looking for a professional online Graphic Design platform, you can use it from around the world.